ANTONIO B. ESPINO, JR.
MANDATES AND FUNCTIONS OF ME
1. Initiate, review and recommend changes in policies and objectives, plans and programs, techniques, procedures and practices in infrastructure development and public works in general of the local government unit concerned;
2. Advise the governor or mayor, as the case may be, on infrastructure, public works, and other engineering matters;
3. Administer, coordinate, supervise, and control the construction, maintenance, improvement, and repair of roads, bridges, and other engineering and public works projects of the local government unit concerned;
4. Provide engineering services to the local government unit concerned, including investigation and survey, engineering designs, feasibility studies, and project management;
5. In the case of the provincial engineer, exercise technical supervision over all engineering offices of component cities and municipalities; and
6. Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.